QHSE ADVISOR - CANADA
Job Category: QHSE
Location: Americas - Canada
Provide direct input to Seadrill Rig Leadership and Seadrill Crews on all aspects of QHSE and training. Maintains and possess the highest level of QHSE training and values when supporting all Seadrill activities to ensure continual improvement. The QHSE advisor can be allocated to onshore support duties as dictated by operations. The majority of the time, he/she will work offshore.
- Coaches employees in planning work, identifying risks, communicating, problem solving and safety leadership
- Develop and integration plan between the Client and Seadrill for implementation of QHSE, Environmental and training guidelines
- Build a team approach to maintaining compliance while improving Seadrill QHSE efforts on site
- Advise on accident prevention and required training programs for Seadrill employees. Focus on high risk aspects of site activities.
- Develop an agenda of action items with the Rig Manager prior to departure offshore and review results with Rig Manager after visit.
- Coordinate with QHSE Manager any QHSE mandates for work offshore on the specific unti he or she will be working with
- Conduct facility surveys, ISM audits and work in progress to ensure continuous improvement in the health and saftey programs.
- Manage the introduction of new QHSE initiatives and work with Rig Team, Client and third party vendors to ensure the implementation of these initiatives onboard the unit
- Effectively use and support all Safety Management programs employed by Seadrill
- Review rig specific procedures and identify opportunities for improvement
- Audit, identify and communicate best practices, lessons learned, safety and environments alerts with Operations and the Seadrill fleet. Ensure implementation of findings and results are communicated with management for appropriate action.
- Coach, observe and mentor the safety officers onboard each unit in the Seadrill SMS and Risk Assessment Processes. Provide feedback to the safety officers with competency and skills development improvement opportunities
- Complete training requirements in a timely manner as per agreed training program
- Ensure consistency in safety policies and procedures between units as per local and company regulations
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) and safety resource for rig operations. Provide professional SME knowledge in QHSE, Flag State Compliance, Local Regulatory and Seadrill Directives.
- Audit Seadrill vendors and monitor the Client / Third Party to ensure quality assurance and QHSE compliance as required
- Responsible for office or rig specific QHSE tasks of Third Party and Client safety initiatives as assigned
- Coordinator with Safety Officer and Rig Manager on training gap analysis and compliance to ensure required training is completed
- Facilitate regional and regulatory training requirements as needed
- Participate in incident investigation to identify root cause(s) and recommend preventive measures to avoid future events
- Work hand in hand with client based HSE on Seadrill Safety Management Systems to establish strong HSE culture for all parties on facilities in the Americas
- Verify the competency of assessors and conduct training as needed. (Seadrill Competency Assessment Program)
- Have working knowledge of the client contracts for the facilities operation in region; and provide support to the Management Team on HSE items that need to be implemented and trained on by cress to meet contract compliance
- Peform QHSE audits using the checklists in the Total Management System (TMS)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent QHSE Degree
- 5 years experience in HSE or Operations (Offshore Supervisory Level Experience Required)
- Recognized external certificates as applicable to position (ie. Nebosh, COSS) Certificates in ISM, ISPS and ISO environmental training preferred
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to position
- Proficient in verbal and written English language skills and able to effectively communicate with all crew members
- Must possess the expertise and knowledge of how to coach people in the proper planning of work with the identification of risks and unsafe hazards
- Self-starter with proven problem solving ability
- Team oriented and capable of influencing the behavior of others
- Strong observational, analytical and presentation skills
- Must pass physical, Drug Screen and background check
- Must be willing to travel to various locations