JOB TITLE: Rig Controller
REPORTING TO: Head of Finance
LOCATION: Oslo, Norway
This position supports the Operational management team and the related financial reporting. The Rig Controller will gain an in depth understanding of the financial position of the assigned operations including identifying the major financial drivers, risks and opportunities of the business.
The Rig Controller should ensure issues which present a potential financial impact are raised and resolved in a timely manner and in accordance with Seadrill policies and procedures.
The position reports to the Head of Finance and is expected to maintain a strong relationship with Operations, Shared Service Center and other support functions.
- Review management reports to identify potential accruals and adjustments for goods and or services and feed this back to the Shared Service Center
- Gather supporting documentation from the rig operations team for the customer billing process and provide this to the Shared Service Center AR team
- Identify any issues and payment delays and helping to resolve them and recommend corrective and preventative measures and provide feedback to the Shared Service Center
- Provide support for clients, regulatory bodies and any other audits that might be required
- Provide feedback to ensure the balance sheet accurately reflects the business
- Foster a culture of financial accountability, understanding and discipline amongst budget owners
- Identifies potential revenue leakages (client reimbursable, etc.) and recommends corrective actions
- Review and feedback on the AFE status report
- Provide commencement of depreciation period (inform SSC that asset is placed in service or is ready to use)
- Provide analysis and support required by operations to deliver accurate budgets and forecasts
- Coordinate required reviews with and provide support required by operations and shared service center to explain the financial results and identify corrective actions, where required
- Ad-hoc reports and analysis as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent
- Previous finance / accounting experience with ability to apply financial and accounting practices and procedures (preferably USGAAP).
- Possesses an in depth understanding of the financial aspects of the drilling contract(s)
- Prefer a thorough understanding of the finance/accounting aspects of Offshore Drilling Business and of how the various support roles interface (supply chain, human resources, etc.) Experience: 2-5 years of experience in Oil and Gas industry, preferably with focus in offshore drilling, either directly or indirectly, e.g. audit experience in public practice firm.
- Ability to communicate both orally and written in English
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, particularly in Excel
- Ability to build relationships across different cultures and disciplines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to perform in an environment that emphasizes teamwork
- Highly numerate, strong analytical and problem solving capabilities with an inquisitive mind-set to find solutions
- ERP experience, preferably Oracle
Other requirements: Candidates must be eligible to work in Norway.