Background and Skills:
· A formal education equivalent to an Undergraduate degree within either a technical or business management discipline is required. Relevant experience performing similar role within the Oil and Gas industry may be considered in lieu of this requirement.
· Seven to 10 years of experience in at least two IT disciplines (such as applications architecture, application development, middleware or information analysis) in a multitier global environment.
· Influential in the organisation and able to demonstrate the design of a significant technical solution that was adopted.
· Experience of working in or with Tier 1 Outsourcing Organisations
· Respected as a Leader but also able to be a team player.
· Highly supportive of the business and of its ideals and strategy
· Neutral towards technology, vendor and product choices; with a keen focus on business outcomes.
· Unflappable in the face of opposition to architectural ideals.
· Effective at driving short and mid-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation with vendors.
· Excellent analytical and technical skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent planning and organizational skills.
· Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions.
· Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments, especially Oracle and Microsoft.
· Knowledge of all components of holistic solutions architecture.
· Knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes.
· Basic knowledge of financial models and building business cases
· Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements.
· Ability to estimate the financial impact of alternatives.
· Good knowledge and understanding of Web Service API’s for integration purposes
· Knowledge in web-based systems and service-based architectures