Role Description – Group Reporting Analyst (London)
Role reports to: Group Reporting Lead
PURPOSE OF ROLE
We are looking for a newly qualified accountant to join our Group Reporting Team in an analyst position. The key purpose of this role is to support the consolidation, analysis and preparation of the information that will form part of Seadrill’s consolidated US GAAP and IFRS External Group Reporting. This role will give you the opportunity to experience working in a fast paced environment allowing you to not only deliver your day to day role but also to get involved in other ad-hoc projects.
SCOPE AND KEY INTERFACES
Seadrill is a leading offshore deepwater drilling company, operating more than 60 rigs and incorporating more than 150 legal entities worldwide. The Group Reporting team is based in London, with other head office functions, supported primarily by a Shared Service Centre ‘SSC’ in Liverpool and regional finance teams across the world.
The Group Reporting Analyst will therefore work closely and maintain ongoing communication and support with the SSC and Regional Finance teams in addition to other Corporate teams (FP&A, Compliance, Tax, Treasury, Investor Relations).
- Assist in the consolidation, reconciliation and preparation of the monthly income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements.
- Preparation of consolidation journals.
- Perform analytical review and prepare commentary on monthly main statements.
- Analyse and reconcile financial statement line items, discussing key issues with the SSC.
- Preparation of main statements and disclosures for Quarterly and Annual External Reporting.
- Preparation of quarterly commentary for internal and external Quarterly Reporting.
- Assisting with the external audit.
- Actively working with other departments to resolve Group related accounting queries.
- Involvement in US GAAP and IFRS technical issues and advice.
- Project involvement to improve the close process, including refinement of systems (HFM).
- Qualified ACA or equivalent.
- Bachelor / Masters Degree.
- Experience of US GAAP and/or IFRS.
- Good understanding of financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Strong excel & analytical skills are a must.
- Detail orientated.
- Experience with large multinational group consolidations and listed entity reporting.
- Professional and confident communicator (written, verbal and presentation skills).
- Good time management.
- Effective at building and maintaining relationships.
The following skills would be advantageous:
- Basic understanding of SOx compliance.
- Knowledge of the Oil & Gas or asset intensive industries.
- Working knowledge of Oracle and HFM.