Responsible for the safe and efficient execution of all well and drilling activities and assist the OIM/DSL with the management of the drilling department.
Job Category: Operations (Offshore)
Rig Type: Tender
Rig Name: West Vencedor
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· Compliance with applicable laws.
· That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Drilling equipment certification at all times is valid and available onboard.
· Contribute with OBS card reporting.
· verifying client drilling program vs. Seadrill requirements
· Seadrill training, certification and competence compliance management
· Actively monitoring and follow/up on ongoing well and drilling activities.
· Actively preparing for upcoming well and drilling activities.
· All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
· That clear daily operational guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
· Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations.
· That the daily drilling report is prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
· Required sheets and tally’s are maintained and updated as per requirements.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· subordinates are trained to fill higher positions.
· Other duties are performed as and when required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Well kill operations in an emergency or well control situation.
· Equipment preparation for future drilling operations.
· Budgetary control of the department.
· Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment
· That the drilling equipment is maintained included first line maintenance and maintenance is recorded
· Assist with maintaining a sufficient stock of equipment spare parts and materials
· As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices