JOB TITLE: Bosun
REPORTING TO: Marine Section Leader
Organize and supervise the deck crews and participate in all deck activities as directed.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· 2 years marine experience
· AB Certificate
Mandatory Training/Certifications for personnel working in Canada only:
· Basic Survival Training (BST)
· Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
· Regulatory Awareness
· Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
· Safe and efficient operation of marine equipment and systems.
· That clear daily operational guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
· Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations.
· All drills and checks are conducted as required.
· Maintain all applicable reports and logs as required by the supervisor.
· Preparation for future marine and drilling operations.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Other duties are performed as and when required and/or directed by the supervisor.
· Compliance with Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with all directives and procedures.
· Compliance with all position specific internal and external governing requirements.
· Compliance with the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted upon and reported to the supervisor.
· Maintaining valid marine and equipment certification.
· Revising all relevant governing documents as and when required.
· Setting the standard for tidiness and cleanness and the compliance with same.
· Training and competence assessments as required and/or assigned.
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Ensuring operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment.
· The maintenance of marine equipment and maintenance records.
2.2 OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist in slipping and cutting operations, inspection and maintenance of wire, fiber lines, slings and other lifting equipment
· Assist during rig moves and anchor handling operations as directed
· Assist the Marine Section Leader in conducting performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action
· Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions and where appropriate coached and prepared for the next position
· Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
GIVEN TO RESIDENTS OF NOVA SCOTIA
is an equal opportunity employer