JOB TITLE: Electrical Supervisor
REPORTING TO: Technical Section Leader / OIM-DSL
Responsible for operating, maintaining and repairing electrical equipment and systems as well as organizing and supervising the electrical personnel onboard.
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties
· That technical related certification at all times is valid and available onboard
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
· That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
· All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
· That clear daily guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
· All software licenses, back-ups and upgrades are maintained
· Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations.
· Required logbooks are maintained and updated as per requirements.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Subordinates are trained to fill higher positions.
· Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment.
· That all relevant equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
· Sufficient stock of spare parts and materials required is maintained.
· Oversee daily inspection and maintenance on all electrical equipment
· Ensure that the electrical facilities and associated electrical equipment are in the prescribed condition
· Ensure that the permit to work and energy isolation procedures are strictly adhered to by the electrical department at all times
· Assist in planning and coordinating all preventative and corrective maintenance activities in conjunction with other department heads to avoid downtime
· Supervise the operation and service of power generation equipment
· Ensure that reports for repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and complete
· Responsible for ensuring that the electrical department are conversant with relevant rig specific procedures, that they are understood, utilized and updated accordingly
· Provide technical support and electronic services to all areas of the unit
· Read and interpret electrical drawings schematics, and diagrams
· Initiates analysis and identifies the root causes of failures on unit equipment and systems
· Troubleshoot any electrical problems on the unit and supervise repair of equipment
· Communicate equipment problems or breakdown information with equipment vendor and onshore staff
· Ensure that the maintenance log and all reports are accurate and complete
· Assist the Technical Section Leader with budget preparation and control
· Ensure electrical inventory is maintained within budget and at operating levels
· Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action
· Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
· Electrical Engineering or Electronic Technology Degree from an accredited technical school, trade school or college. High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Minimum two years experience as a Senior Electrician or Supervisory position in an Offshore Marine Environment
Mandatory Training/Certifications for personnel working in Canada only:
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
- Regulatory Awareness
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
PREFERENCE GIVEN TO RESIDENTS OF NOVA SCOTIA
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer