JOB TITLE: Rig Administrator
REPORTING TO: Offshore Installation Manager
Operate and maintain communication equipment in the radio room(s) and administer POB, lifeboat and cabin allocations.
· High school Diploma or Equivalent
· One years experience in the offshore industry or merchant navy
· GMDSS Radio Operations License
· Proficient in the verbal and written English language skills and able to effectively communicate
Mandatory Training/Certifications for personnel working in Canada only:
· Basic Survival Training (BST)
· Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
· Regulatory Awareness
· Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
· Control emergency preparedness operation and emergency boards are maintained.
· Lifeboat and cabin allocations are maintained.
· External communication during safety drills and emergency situations.
· All communications associated with helicopter operations are performed.
· Passenger and cargo manifest associated helicopter operations are correct.
· All applicable reports and logs as required by supervisor are maintained.
· Assist with conducting all drills and checks as required.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Other duties are performed as and when required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· The standard for tidiness and cleanness is adhered to.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
· Maintain POB system and distribute POB list on the unit as required
· Receives and transmits radio communications in accordance with applicable international regulations
· Performs and coordinates isolation of radio equipment and transmissions during periods of radio silence
· Inspection and maintenance of radio equipment, associated batteries and antenna’s
· Organize crew change activities, accommodation, air and ground transportation
· Be conversant in the companies data bases: SAMS, TMS, Synergi etc
· Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are strictly adhered
· Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
· Administrative duties as instructed and directed by supervisor
Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
GIVEN TO RESIDENTS OF NOVA SCOTIA
is an equal opportunity employer