JOB TITLE: Senior Mechanic
REPORTING TO: Mechanical Supervisor / OIM-DSL
Responsible for operating, maintaining and repairing mechanical equipment and systems, organizing and supervising the mechanical personnel onboard and assist the Mechanical Supervisor with his/her daily duties where applicable.
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties
· That technical related certification at all times is valid and available onboard
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
· That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
· All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
· That clear daily guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
· Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations.
· Required logbooks are maintained and updated as per requirements.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Subordinates are trained to fill higher positions.
· Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment.
· That all relevant equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
· Sufficient stock of spare parts and materials required is maintained.
· Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are strictly adhered to by the maintenance department
· Oversee daily inspection and maintenance on mechanical equipment
· Monitor and evaluate equipment performance to ensure maximum efficiency and reliability
· Read and interpret prints, schematics, diagrams and technical manuals
· Assist in ensuring that all Third Party equipment is fit for purpose, certified, correctly installed and maintained while on the rig.
· Inspect, troubleshoot and repair faulty mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic equipment and tools
· Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action
· Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Minimum two years experience in the military, offshore drilling or heavy industrial environment
· Formal Technical Certificate from a recognized body
· Read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings
· Knowledgeable in digital and analog electronic systems
Mandatory Training/Certifications for personnel working in Canada only:
· Basic Survival Training (BST)
· Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
· Regulatory Awareness
· Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
PREFERENCE GIVEN TO RESIDENTS OF NOVA SCOTIA
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer