JOB TITLE: Welder
REPORTING TO: Technical Section Leader
Responsible for repairing, fabricating and modifying the rig as required and directed.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Two years offshore related welding experience
· ASME 9/welding certification
Mandatory Training/Certifications for personnel working in Canada only:
· Basic Survival Training (BST)
· Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
· Regulatory Awareness
· Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
· All drills and checks are conducted as required.
· All applicable reports and logs as required by direct supervisor are maintained.
· Ensure that structural repairs are done in accordance with applicable standards.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· That all relevant equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
· Sufficient stock of spare parts and materials required are maintained.
· Perform welding, flame cutting and associated tasks as required
· Ensure that the permit to work and energy isolation procedures are strictly adhered to at all times including fire watch requirements
· Ensure an accurate oxygen and acetylene bottle count is submitted daily to offshore management
· Coordinate welding tasks with supervisor and other department heads to meet operational requirements
· Inspect welded joints for visible formation, weld penetration and conformance specifications
· Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer