JOB TITLE: Roughneck
REPORTING TO: Driller
Assist with preparing downhole and drilling equipment for upcoming operations.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· One year experience as a Roustabout
· Valid Well Control Certification (IWCF Level 2 – Introductory)
Mandatory Training/Certifications for personnel working in Canada only:
· Basic Survival Training (BST)
· Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
· Regulatory Awareness
· Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
· Fall Protection
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
· Conducting all drills and checks as required.
· Preparation for upcoming drilling operations.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Training subordinates in order to make them suitable for a higher position.
· Other duties are performed as and when required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· Compliance with applicable laws.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Contribute with OBS card reporting.
· verifying client drilling program vs. Seadrill requirements
· Seadrill training, certification and competence compliance management
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
· Ensuring operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment.
· Preparation of drilling equipment.
· Operation of drilling equipment and systems as instructed by supervisor.
· Maintaining all drilling related equipment as per instructions and procedures including first line maintenance.
· Handling of tubulars and associated handling equipment as instructed by supervisor.
· Preparing all tubulars, handling gear and other equipment required for the well operations.
· Inspect all tools and equipment prior to use ensuring they are in safe operating condition
· Actively participate in well control drills as required
· Make certain all loads leaving the rig floor with the crane are slung / rigged correctly and clean
· Assist in maintaining and running the mud processing solids control equipment
· Perform regular steel preparation and painting to maintain rig floor equipment and structure
· Assist in running and retrieving marine riser and BOP
· Provide assistance with deck operations as and when required
· Assist the Derrickman in mud mixing operations when required
· Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer