JOB TITLE: Safety Officer
REPORTING TO: Offshore Installation Manager
Promote and enforce applicable internal and external governing HSE requirements onboard.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Two years experience in an industrial environment, Offshore environment preferred with a strong emphasis on safety leadership or supervisory experience
· Recognized external certificates as applicable to position (i.e. NEBOSH, COSS)
Mandatory Training/Certifications for personnel working in Canada only:
· Basic Survival Training (BST)
· Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
· Regulatory Awareness
· Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
· Promotion of safety awareness on the unit
· Safe working practices are understood and carried out by all onboard
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor
· Other duties are performed as and when required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Or conduct safety introductions and mentoring
· Or conduct safety inspections/audits as per procedures or as directed
· Or conduct investigations as per procedures or as directed
· The planning and execution of safety drills and musters
· Or conduct coaching and follow up all internal training requirements
· Preparation for future operations
· The planning and execution of all HSE activities onboard
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· The standard for tidiness and cleanness is adhered to.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
· Daily detailed planning is for all upcoming operations.
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
· Effectively use and promote all Seadrill safety and environmental tools which include management of change, Work Permit, TBRA, OBS, 4 Point Check etc.
· Responsible for administration of the Synergi tracking system onboard and Total Management System Application (TMS)
· Knowledgeable in the Environmental Management System (EMS) of Seadrill to record any discrepancy or non-compliance
· Maintain compliance programs established by Seadrill, the Client and Governmental agencies
· Assist the Offshore Installation Manager in the development of safety policies and procedures on the unit
· Coach people in planning work, identifying risks, communicating, problem solving, and safety leadership.
· In the event of an incident on the unit, under the direction of the Offshore Installation Manager, the Safety Officer will: a) secure the site and take the necessary steps to preserve and document evidence; (b) perform the initial incident investigation; (c) participate in the investigation and root cause analysis (d) act as document control or recorder of the incident for the investigation team
· Experience working with and understanding of an international safety case process, unit bridging documents and information contained within the each document and how they relate to daily operations
· Prepare and send reports on QHSE as directed by Offshore Installation Manager
· Update and maintain the QHSE Alerts, QHSE Notices and Training bulletin board(s)
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
Must be eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer