Experience and Skills:
· Excellent influencing skills at Senior Executive/ Board Level regarding technology impact and value opportunities;
· A degree in a technical or business management discipline (or equivalent qualification) OR significant experience in a senior architecture role within the oil & gas industry;
· Significant experience in at least two IT disciplines (such as Applications, Infrastructure or Integration) in a multi-tier global environment.
· Experience of playing an influential role in the selection and design of a significant technical solution that was successfully adopted in accordance with a defined Strategy
· Experience of working in or with a Tier 1 outsourcing organization or leading consulting services.
· Excellent analytical and technical skills. Fast problem solver.
· Respected as a Leader but also able to be a team player.
· Demonstrates support for the business and its strategy
· Neutral towards technology, vendor and product choices; with a keen focus on business outcomes
· Unflappable in the face of opposition to architectural ideals
· Effective at driving short and mid-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions
· Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and hybrid environments including Cloud Platform Services (IaaS, SaaS and PaaS), ERP and Communication Technologies;
· Knowledge and experience of the components of holistic solutions architecture such as cyber security, developing cloud integration and service-based architectures;
· Ability to work with IT performance and diagnostic tooling.