Assist the Driller with the safe and efficient execution of all well
and drilling activities.
Job Category: OFFSHORE
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· Compliance with applicable laws.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Contribute with OBS card reporting.
· verifying client drilling program vs. Seadrill requirements
· Seadrill training, certification and competence compliance management
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
· Maintaining and operating mud pump room and all associated equipment and systems.
· Maintaining drilling fluid properties and volumes as per instructions.
· Promptly informing Driller of any unexplained changes in pit volumes.
· Promptly informing Driller of any unexplained changes drilling fluid properties.
· Participate in drilling fluid transfers to and from supply vessels.
· All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required
· That clear daily operational guidelines are provided to all direct reports
· All drills and checks are conducted as required
· All applicable reports and logs as required by Driller, client and company are maintained.
· Close co-operations with the Mud Engineer and Mud loggers.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Other duties are performed as and when required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Preparation for future drilling operations.
· Training of subordinates in order to make them suitable for a higher position.
· Well kill operations as per instructions from Seadrill supervisors.
· Craft certificate in drilling and well service or
· 5 years’ experience in relevant skills areas and completed exam for private candidates in Advanced Course 2 (VG2) Well engineering or
· Construction machine driver’s craft certificate and completed exam for private candidates in Advanced Course 2 (VG2) Well engineering or
· Quarry worker’s craft certificate and completed exam for private candidates in Advanced Course 2 (VG2) Well engineering or
· Relevant craft certificate in technical and industrial production or electrical qualification, and completed exam for private candidates in Advanced Course 2 (VG2) Well engineering
· Minimum one year’s experience as Roughneck
· Valid offshore medical certificate approved by Norwegian authorities
· Valid offshore safety training certificate approved by Norwegian authorities
EQUIPMENT & SYSTEMS
· Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment.
· That the control room equipment is maintained and maintenance recorded.
· That the drilling fluid equipment is maintained including first line maintenance and maintenance is recorded.
· Running inventory of mud pump and mud processing consumables is maintained.
· As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices.