Assistant Technical Section Leader
Act as a Deputy of the Technical Section Leader and assist him/her with the management of the technical department as well as execution of maintenance and repairs of all machinery and equipment onboard.
Job Category: Operations (Offshore)
Location: North Atlantic Drilling - Norway
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties
· Ensure that technical related certification at all times is valid and available onboard
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
· That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
· That clear daily guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
· Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations.
· Operational progress is reported to the Rig Manager and OIM as required.
· Required logbooks are maintained and updated as per requirements.
· Active participation in meeting activities.
· Subordinates are trained to fill higher positions.
· Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Managing the overall condition and maintenance of all equipment onboard.
· Managing the technical department.
· Budgetary control of the department.
· Keeping the filing system onboard the unit up to date.
• Trained as maritime leader in accordance with the Norwegian Qualification Act § 70
• Minimum Certificate of competency engine – STCW2010 reg. A-III/2
• Minimum 1 years’ experience as Engine Room Operator on a mobile offshore drilling unit (MODU)
• Valid seafarer medical certificate issued by approved seamen’s doctor
• Valid offshore medical certificate approved by Norwegian authorities
• Valid offshore safety training certificate approved by Norwegian authorities
· Machinery and equipment is operated in accordance to OEM guidelines.
· That the all equipment is maintained as required and maintenance is recorded.
· Sufficient stock of equipment spare parts and materials is maintained.
· As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices.