JOB TITLE: Roustabout
REPORTING TO: Crane Operator
Participate in vessel loading and unloading activities, helicopter operations and rig move activities.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Preferred previous military, industrial, construction, agricultural or maritime experience
Mandatory Training/Certifications for personnel working in Canada only:
· Basic Survival Training (BST)
· Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
· Regulatory Awareness
· Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
· Fall Protection
· Rigger Training
· Banksman Training
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITES
· All relevant governing documents are adhered to.
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
· Safe and efficient execution of operations as per procedures.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Active participation in meeting activities.
· Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Deck or rig floor operations as required or directed.
· Preparation for future drilling operations.
· Organizing and supervising the deck crews.
· Maintenance of cranes and other relevant lifting appliances.
· Relieve on drill floor and in other areas as required and directed
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
· That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Ensuring operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment
· Maintaining drilling and marine equipment and maintenance records
· Maintaining and operating the mud processing solids control equipment
· Preparing all tubular’s, handling gear and other equipment required for the well operations
· Carry out lifting operation duties as directed
· Provide assistance in the mixing of mud chemicals, pit / tank cleaning, and pump room maintenance
· Perform regular steel preparation and painting to maintain the unit
· Carry out helideck duties as instructed
· Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
This section describes requirements deemed necessary for this position in the Americas region and are considered as additions to the requirements outlined in Section 1.
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer