JOB TITLE: Senior Mechanic
REPORTING TO: Mechanical Supervisor / OIM-DSL
Responsible for operating, maintaining and repairing mechanical equipment and systems, organizing and supervising the mechanical personnel onboard and assist the Mechanical Supervisor with his/her daily duties where applicable.
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties
· That technical related certification at all times is valid and available onboard
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
· That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
· All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
· That clear daily guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
· Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations.
· Required logbooks are maintained and updated as per requirements.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Subordinates are trained to fill higher positions.
· Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment.
· That all relevant equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
· Sufficient stock of spare parts and materials required is maintained.
· Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are strictly adhered to by the maintenance department
· Oversee daily inspection and maintenance on mechanical equipment
· Monitor and evaluate equipment performance to ensure maximum efficiency and reliability
· Read and interpret prints, schematics, diagrams and technical manuals
· Assist in ensuring that all Third Party equipment is fit for purpose, certified, correctly installed and maintained while on the rig.
· Inspect, troubleshoot and repair faulty mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic equipment and tools
· Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action
· Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Minimum two years experience in the military, offshore drilling or heavy industrial environment
· Formal Technical Certificate from a recognized body
· Read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings
· Knowledgeable in digital and analog electronic systems
Mandatory Training/Certifications for personnel working in Canada only:
· Basic Survival Training (BST)
· Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
· Regulatory Awareness
· Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
Must be eligible to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer