Role Description – External Reporting Lead (London)
Role reports to: Head of External Reporting
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The External Reporting Lead will be responsible for the consolidation, analysis and preparation of the external close processes and reports, including the annual report, under US GAAP for our four reporting groups.
This role will detail review the primary financials, with consideration of group accounting policies, and liaise with both the hemisphere finance teams and shared service centre to resolve key accounting issues.
SCOPE AND KEY INTERFACES
The External Reporting Lead will be a key point of contact for senior management, hemisphere finance teams and shared service centre in respect of external reporting matters and technical accounting queries.
This role will work closely with the shared service centre and teams across the wider group, including commercial, tax and treasury, to prepare the consolidation of the monthly and quarterly primary financial statements and supporting notes.
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of the quarterly and annual reporting for listed and unlisted groups under US GAAP.
- Responsible for the consolidation, reconciliation and preparation of the monthly and quarterly income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements along with supporting note disclosures as reported to senior management.
- Review of work prepared by the Group Reporting analysts.
- Preparation and review of financial statement line items, managing the resolution of key issues with the shared service centre and regional teams.
- Proactively liaising with departments to instigate process improvement and finding synergies in the current reporting process.
- Preparation of analytical review and commentary on monthly main statements.
- Preparation of US GAAP technical accounting memos.
- Preparation of Annual Report disclosures.
- Responsible for Group Reporting SOx compliance.
- Assisting with the external audit.
- Actively working with other departments to resolve Group related accounting queries.
Education/Qualifications: Excellent academics, including a Bachelor / Masters Degree and an ACA or equivalent with a minimum of two years of relevant post-qualified experience.
Required knowledge: Good knowledge and practical experience of interpreting and applying accounting standards, preferably US GAAP.
Experience required: Experience with large multinational group consolidations and listed entity reporting. Experience of consolidation and ERP systems (Hyperion Financial Management is an advantage).
Skills/abilities: Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills with a track record of delivering high-quality deliverables to tight deadlines. Professional and confident communicator (written, verbal and presentational skills).
Detail orientated and good time and project management skills, with ability to manage conflicting priorities. Excellent IT skills, including a strong proficiency in Excel