Assistant Technical Section Leader
Act as a Deputy of the Technical Section Leader and assist him/her with the management of the technical department as well as execution of maintenance and repairs of all machinery and equipment onboard. This position is opened for regional or local candidate who has drillship experience.
Job Category: Operations (Offshore)
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Rig Type: Drillship
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties
· Ensure that technical related certification at all times is valid and available onboard
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
· That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
· That clear daily guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
· Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations.
· Operational progress is reported to the Rig Manager and OIM as required.
· Required logbooks are maintained and updated as per requirements.
· Active participation in meeting activities.
· Subordinates are trained to fill higher positions.
· Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Managing the overall condition and maintenance of all equipment onboard.
· Managing the technical department.
· Budgetary control of the department.
· Keeping the filing system onboard the unit up to date.
· Machinery and equipment is operated in accordance to OEM guidelines.
· That the all equipment is maintained as required and maintenance is recorded.
· Sufficient stock of equipment spare parts and materials is maintained.
· As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices.