Role Description –Analyst – External Reporting (London- Chiswick)
Role reports to: Head of External Reporting
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The External Reporting Analyst will be responsible for the consolidation, analysis and preparation of the external close processes and reports, including the annual report, under US GAAP for our four reporting groups.
This role will prepare the primary financials, with consideration of group accounting policies, and liaise with both the hemisphere finance teams and shared service centre to resolve key accounting issues.
SCOPE AND KEY INTERFACES
The role is responsible for developing best practice reporting and close process procedures and ensuring appropriate group accounting policies are followed.
This role will work closely with the shared service centre and teams across the wider group, including commercial, tax and treasury, to prepare the consolidation of the monthly and quarterly primary financial statements and supporting notes.
- Preparing the monthly and quarterly consolidation and financial reporting processes for listed and unlisted groups reporting under US GAAP
- Involvement in Group external financial reporting including primary statements and note preparation
- Providing both financial reporting and systems assistance to the regional teams and SSC to ensure group reporting timetables are met, and can be accelerated as required
- Analyse submissions from shared service centre and discuss/resolve issues where necessary
- Reconcile figures against other internal management reports, and with other functions such as Tax and Treasury
· Working with the Finance Systems Team to draft, test and implement changes to the Group consolidation system (HFM) as a result of both changes in accounting standards and continuous improvement initiatives
- Driving improvements in Group Reporting processes
- Developing Group accounting policies under US GAAP, and involvement in resolving group technical issues
- Working with External and Internal Auditors
- Ad hoc projects, requests and reporting tasks
Education/Qualifications: Bachelor / Masters Degree in a relevant discipline with a Professional Chartered Accounting Qualification.
Required knowledge: Good knowledge and practical experience of interpreting and applying accounting standards, with US GAAP exposure being an advantage.
Experience required: Experience with large multinational group consolidations and listed entity reporting.
Skills/abilities: Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills with a track record of delivering high-quality deliverables to tight deadlines. Professional and confident communicator (written, verbal and presentational skills).
Detail orientated and good time and project management skills, with ability to manage conflicting priorities. Excellent IT skills, including a strong proficiency in Excel.