1.0 CORPORATE REQUIREMENTS
JOB TITLE: Buyer
REPORTING TO: Procurement Manager
Perform purchasing duties for the rigs or office in accordance with relevant company policies and procedures
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct and Fight Against Corruption.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· The standard for tidiness and cleanness is adhered to.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
1.4 JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
· Use only Company Approved Suppliers. Requests for new suppliers must be reviewed and approved by the Procurement Manager and / or Supply Chain Director.
· Review incoming Purchase Requisitions to review materials requirement for validity and priority.
· Ensure Fixed Pricing Agreements with Suppliers are being used to maximize cost savings
· Actively work with Procurement Managers and Category Managers to identify optimal procurement strategies.
· Obtain and review quotes as per the relevant Company and Local Procedures
· Follow up promptly clarifications and requests for information from Suppliers or the Rig
· Prepare Purchase Orders using Company Approved software(s).
· Ensure Company Policies & Procedures regarding Approval Process, Authority, SOX Compliance and FCPA are strictly followed.
· Review all material and service requisitions (repair & return included) in terms of quantities, pricing, specifications, account coding, authorization limits, priority, urgency, for accurate preparation of Purchase Orders.
· Constantly review and assess economics of local purchase against foreign purchase with consideration given to quality, certification, costs and lead times.
· Continuously review all open Purchase Orders and expedite overdue and outstanding PO’s with Suppliers
· Process Invoices and Assist Account Payables with invoice discrepancies
· Maintain a general knowledge of Company Supply Chain and Financial Procedures
· Document procurement problems to allow effective resolution and prevention
· Resolve procurement related incidents reported by the end users
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs
· Proficient in the use of ERP systems
· Knowledge of the Supply Chain, Inventory, and Procurement Process
· Knowledge of Rig Operations
· As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices.
· Bachelor degree preferably in Supply Chain Management.
· 5-10 years continuous experience. Ideally has worked offshore for 3 - 5 years and has been actively involved in some aspect of the Supply Chain, Inventory, and Procurement Process
· Analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced Understanding of Supply Chain Process and supporting tools.
- Full understanding of logistics and shipping management.
- Full understanding of commercial concerns, operational imperatives and decision-making with regard to global materials sourcing decisions.
- Proficient in English.
- Full understanding of corporate business ethics.
- Local Environmental and Safety regulations/requirements understanding
- Full Understanding of Seadrills Core Values
- Full competency in Seadrill ERP & Support systems and Tools.
- Full knowledge of company standards and internal reference resources.
- Full understanding of Supply Chain Manual.
- Understanding of HSE requirements
Seadrill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.