JOB TITLE: Document Controller
Responsible for processing and control of documents within the Seadrill organization. Assist the technical management teams with creation, review, and filing of documents and drawings.
Specific tasks in connection with the role:
· Maintain the document control system (eDocs) according to Seadrill directives.
· Ensure all documents are recorded with the proper numbering, revisions and without duplication.
· Administer distribution of internal and external Alerts/Advisories/Bulletins (AAB’s), track and follow up on fleet status of AAB’s.
· Create, review, and red-line technical drawings in AutoCad.
· Create and improve filing and trending systems, within the Microsoft web-based applications.
· Support subject matter experts with review of technical documentation, revision of drawings, and follow-up with OEM’s.
· Assist in creation of technical procedures, bulletins, and reports.
1.3 AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Document control function for Technical Services
· Ensure that document control is in accordance with Seadrill directives.
· 2 years minimum experience in the drilling industry and / or experience in previous job assignments demonstrating the knowledge & responsibilities described in this job description.
1.6 COMPETENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
· Relevant engineering degree or equivalent technical qualification
· Relative level of knowledge relating to Document Control
· Proficient in AutoCad, and Microsoft web based applications.
· VP of Technical Services West