Assistant Crane Operator
The Assistant Crane Operator is responsible for operating cranes for loading and unloading and mobilizing drilling equipment and other equipment and materials. He/she is also responsible for first-line maintenance of cranes and relevant lifting appliances.
Job Category: Full Time/Regular
Rig Name: West Bollsta
Minimum 2 years’ experience as assistant crane operator on a mobile offshore drilling unit (MODU)
G5 certificate, offshore cranes
Deck operator certificate as set out in NORSOK R003 Safe use of lifting equipment
Valid offshore medical certificate approved by Norwegian authorities
Valid health certificate for members of the MODU’s fire-fighting team
Valid offshore safety training certificate approved by Norwegian authorities
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
· That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· All relevant governing documents are adhered to.
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
· All applicable reports and logs are maintained as required by direct supervisor.
· Safe and efficient execution of operations as per procedures.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Active participation in meeting activities.
· Subordinates are trained to fill higher positions.
· Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Deck or rig floor operations as required or directed.
· Preparation for future drilling operations.
· Organizing and supervising the deck crews.
· Maintenance of cranes and other relevant lifting appliances.
· That cranes and lifting appliances are maintained and maintenance is recorded.
· All other relevant deck equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
· Maintaining sufficient stock of spare parts and materials required.
· Ensuring operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment.
· As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices.