Officer in Charge of Engine/Engine Room Operator
Engine Room Operator is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the unit’s main engine.
Job Category: Full Time.Regular
Rig Name: West Bollsta
Experience from an equivalent position
Minimum Certificate of competency engine – STCW2010 reg. A-III/1
Valid seafarer medical certificate issued by approved seamen’s doctor
Valid offshore medical certificate approved by Norwegian authorities
Valid offshore safety training certificate approved by Norwegian authorities
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
· Safe and efficient execution of operation, maintenance and repair activities.
· Continuous monitoring of power consumption and distribution.
· All drills and checks are conducted as required.
· All applicable reports and logs as required by direct supervisor are maintained.
· Engine room is maintained tidy and in good working order.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment.
· All relevant equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
· Maintaining sufficient stock of spare parts and materials required.
· As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices.