Chief Engineer/Technical Section Leader
Manage the technical department in cooperation with other department leaders, customer and third party representatives to execute the maintenance and monitoring of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical facilities in a safe manner according to plans and procedures.
Job Category: Full Time/Regular
Rig Name: West Bollsta
• Trained as maritime leader in accordance with the Norwegian Qualification Act § 70
• Certificate of competency engine – STCW2010 reg. A-III/2
• Minimum 1 year’s experience as Assistant Technical Section Leader on a mobile offshore drilling unit (MODU)
• Valid seafarer medical certificate issued by approved seamen’s doctor
• Valid offshore medical certificate approved by Norwegian authorities
• Valid offshore safety training certificate approved by Norwegian authorities
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties
· Ensure that technical related certification at all times is valid and available onboard
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
· That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· The overall condition and maintenance of all equipment onboard.
· Managing the technical department.
· Budgetary control of the department.
· Keeping the filing system onboard the unit up to date.
· All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
· That clear daily guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
· Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations.
· Operational progress is reported to the Rig Manager and OIM as required.
· Required logbooks are maintained and updated as per requirements.
· Active participation in meeting activities.
· Subordinates are trained to fill higher positions.
· Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Machinery and equipment is operated in accordance to OEM guidelines.
· That the all equipment is maintained as required and maintenance is recorded.
· Sufficient stock of equipment spare parts and materials is maintained.
· As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices.