JOB TITLE: Senior Internal Auditor
REPORTING TO: Internal Audit Manager
LOCATION: Corporate Head Office – Chiswick, West London.
At Seadrill, we work together to be the best we can - for our customers, our business and each other. Help us to keep innovating, improving and creating new opportunities, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
The Internal Auditor will assist with the planning and performance of operational, compliance and financial audit projects in various company locations globally.
• Assist with the planning and performance of operational, compliance and financial audit projects in various company location
• Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management processes and Internal controls as well as ABC compliance with company policies and procedures of key processes across the organisation
• Complete assigned audit work within budgeted time constraints
• Document audit work in accordance with the performance standards (IIA standards and Seadrill’s internal audit manual)
• Advise audit management of on-going issues, and liaise with other team members during the audit
• Identify control weaknesses and/or business productivity/efficiency opportunities.
• Raise audit findings and draft recommendations
• Assist in the presentation of audit findings to management and in working with management to identify corrective actions for improvement given existing business and control risks and other cost-benefit considerations.
• Follow-up the audit recommendations to ensure their implementation
• Assist with the preparation of financial reporting related risk assessments, audit plan, work programmes and planning files
• Collaborate and assist Internal Audit Management in the administrative duties of the department.
• Interact with all levels of personnel both within Internal Audit and the business units across the organisation.
• Actively pursue continuing professional education in line with the department's needs and the Auditor's career development.
• Assist in the implementation of data analytics within Internal Audit
• Any other appropriate duties as required by line manager
Bachelor’s and a Professional Certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, ACCA etc.).
Experience within an internal audit function to include (2 to 5 years):
- Participating in the planning of audits
- Performing audit fieldwork to deadlines
- Drafting audit findings
- Follow-up of audit findings
- Knowledge of operational audit standards and financial auditing standard and procedures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Professional and confident communicator (written, verbal and presentation skills)
- Comfortable to work in an environment of change
- Good time management
- Focus on quality and efficiency and agreed deliverables
- Effective at building and maintaining relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively with Senior Management
- Diligent and resilient
- Good IT and data analytic skills (incl MS Office, PowerBI)
Willingness to travel (up to 30-40 % per annum), including international engagements.
Additional Desirable Experience:
- Experience in an Accounting firm in audit or risk management function of a listed company
- Knowledge of the oil & gas, shipping or another fixed asset industry
- Knowledge or interest in organisation psychology
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.