JOB TITLE: Expeditor
REPORTING TO: Procurement Manager
Broaden your horizons. Own the opportunity.
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore deep-water drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology, we operate in 15 countries across five continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities.
At Seadrill, we work together to be the best we can - for our customers, our business and each other. Help us to keep innovating, improving and creating new opportunities, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
As an Expeditor, you will be responsible for communicating with vendors and shipping companies to ensure all deliveries arrive at their destination timely.
This position is for a 6-9 month project that could be extended. Seadrill offers a competitive benefits package that will start on the first day of employment.
Job Specific Responsibilities
· Contact suppliers to ensure all orders were received and that deliveries will ship on time.
· Maintain constant contact with vendors and shipping companies while deliveries are in route
· As required, upload new product information into ERP system, including delivery dates, substitutions, and pricing
· Notify Procurement Manager in a timely manner if any deliveries are going to be late for critical equipment/parts
· Assist in receipt of goods and tactical purchasing functions, as required
· Participate in weekly conference calls to provide status reports
· Additional duties as required by management
Equipment & Systems
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs
· Proficient in the use of ERP systems
· Knowledge of Supply Chain, Inventory and Procurement Process
· Associate degree or higher preferred
· 2+ years’ experience in an expediting role
· Excellent communication, customer service, and negotiating skills
· Proven history of successful expediting and supply chain management
· Able to create and administer a task priority list based on company needs
- Must pass drug screen and background check
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
What You’ll Get In Return
We value our people and work hard to retain them. So wherever you join us, you’ll thrive in a challenging, encouraging and supportive environment that brings out the best in you. We also offer a competitive package built around an attractive base salary, with plenty of training and development opportunities and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer.