JOB TITLE: Buyer
REPORTING TO: Procurement Manager
Explore your potential. Own the opportunity.
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore deep-water drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology, we operate in 15 countries across five continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities.
At Seadrill, we work together to be the best we can - for our customers, our business and each other. Help us to keep innovating, improving and creating new opportunities, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
As a Buyer, you will perform purchasing duties for the rigs or office in accordance with relevant company policies and procedures.
This position is for a 6-9 month project that could be extended. Seadrill offers a competitive benefits package that will start on the first day of employment.
Job Specific Responsibilities
· Review incoming purchase requisitions to review materials requirement for validity and priority.
· Ensure fixed pricing agreements with suppliers are being used to maximize cost savings
· Actively work with Procurement Managers and Category Managers to identify optimal procurement strategies.
· Use only company approved suppliers. If needed, requests for new suppliers must be reviewed and approved by the Procurement Manager and / or Supply Chain Director.
· Obtain and review quotes as per the relevant company and local procedures
· Follow up promptly on clarifications and requests for information from suppliers or the rig
· Prepare purchase orders using company approved software(s).
· Ensure company policies & procedures regarding approval process, authority, SOX compliance and FCPA are strictly followed.
· Review all material and service requisitions (repair & return included) in terms of quantities, pricing, specifications, account coding, authorization limits, priority, urgency, for accurate preparation of Purchase Orders.
· Constantly review and assess economics of local purchase against foreign purchase with consideration given to quality, certification, costs and lead times.
· Continuously review all open purchase orders and expedite overdue and outstanding PO’s with suppliers
· Process invoices and assist account payables with invoice discrepancies
· Maintain a general knowledge of company supply chain and financial procedures
· Document procurement problems to allow effective resolution and prevention
· Resolve procurement related incidents reported by the end users
Equipment & Systems
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs
· Proficient in the use of ERP systems
· Knowledge of the Supply Chain, Inventory, and Procurement Process
· Knowledge of rig operations
· Bachelor’s degree preferably in Supply Chain Management.
· 1-3 years continuous experience in Supply Chain, Inventory and/or Procurement
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must pass drug screen and background check
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
What You’ll Get In Return
We value our people and work hard to retain them. So wherever you join us, you’ll thrive in a challenging, encouraging and supportive environment that brings out the best in you. We also offer a competitive package built around an attractive base salary, with plenty of training and development opportunities and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer