JOB TITLE: Catalog Supervisor
REPORTING TO: Catalog and Inventory Manager
Take your experience to new places. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore deep-water drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology, we operate in 15 countries across five continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities.
At Seadrill, we work together to be the best we can - for our customers, our business and each other. Help us to keep innovating, improving and creating new opportunities, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
As the Catalog Supervisor, you will be responsible for planning and coordinating the activities of the Catalog team including management of the global ICN consolidation and enhancement of the item catalog.
Job Specific Responsibilities
· Standardization, consolidation and accuracy of item catalog
· Timeliness and quality of catalog team’s response to support requests from the business (internal customers).
· Promotion of enhancements to existing catalog entries to ensures only relevant ICNs populate the catalog and redundant ICN's are identified and properly removed from the system.
· Catalog data integrity with regards to pricing and manufacturer/vendor details.
· Newly requested items are setup properly and do NOT already exist in the catalog.
· Work closely with the Technical team to define and associate the correct ICNs with work orders for preventative maintenance.
· Ensure team and individual goals and objectives are clearly defined and support the overall Supply Chain and corporate strategic initiatives as they relate to the catalog
· Proper research and review has been conducted on all items prior to activation.
· Proper documentation of item status changes in order to maintain adequate traceability.
· Mentor colleagues with problem resolution and guidance as required.
· Change management processes are effectively executed when required.
· Actively participate in projects or process optimization initiatives offering suggestions or constructive feedback that will improve outcome.
· Relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
· Provide clear operational guidelines to all direct reports.
· All applicable reports and logs are properly maintained.
· Other duties are performed as and when required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor
Equipment & Systems
· Catalog repository is properly maintained to provide greatest level of optimization and reliability to the organization.
· Collaborate with Category Manager to ensure most updated and accurate pricing is uploaded in the ERP system.
· Working knowledge of materials used in the drilling industry.
· Familiarity with nature and make-up of fixed price agreements (FPAs)
· Proficient computer skills, competency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with material management and/or ERP systems.
· Comprehensive knowledge of Maximo functionality is a plus.
· Familiarity with the important attributes and key fields of an item card is a must.
· Bachelor's or master’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering or related field required.
· Leadership skills with ability to engage and motivate teams
· Knowledge of Oracle MRP & IBM Maximo preferred but not prerequisite
· Drilling equipment knowledge
· Experience managing complex product catalogs is a prerequisite
· Careful attention to detail, always ensuring data accuracy
· Self-starter, embraces empowerment and works with since of urgency identify and prioritize critical tasks
· 7+ years with proven leadership experience in Supply Chain or related role driving continuous optimization in a rapid paced environment
Must pass drug screen and background check
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
What You’ll Get In Return
We value our people and work hard to retain them. So wherever you join us, you’ll thrive in a challenging, encouraging and supportive environment that brings out the best in you. We also offer a competitive package built around an attractive base salary, with plenty of training and development opportunities and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer.