JOB TITLE: Electrician
REPORTING TO: Electrical Supervisor / Senior Electrician
Responsible for operating, maintaining and repairing electrical equipment and systems.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent - Electrical Engineering or Electronic Technology Degree from an accredited technical school, trade school or college
· Three years of electrical systems or an industry degree
· Read and understand electrical drawings, schematics and diagrams.
· Able to proficiently use electrical testing meters and equipment.
Mandatory Training/Certifications for personnel working in Canada only:
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
- Regulatory Awareness
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
Hazardous Areas Equipment Training
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
· Safe and efficient execution of maintenance and repair activities.
· All drills and checks are conducted as required.
· All applicable reports and logs as required by direct supervisor are maintained.
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties
· That technical related certification at all times is valid and available onboard
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
· That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
· Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment
· Ensuring that all relevant equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded
· Maintaining sufficient stock of spare parts and materials as required
This section describes requirements deemed necessary for this position in the Americas region and are considered as additions to the requirements outlined in Section 1.
· Ensure that all installations, repair, calibrations and modifications to the electrical systems and components are carried out in accordance with company policies and regulatory laws
· Ensure that the permit to work and energy isolation procedures are strictly adhered to at all times
· Ensure that entries on permits, isolation tags and logs reflect current status
· Ensure daily inspections and maintenance on all electrical equipment is carried out
· Read and interpret electrical drawings, schematics and diagrams as required
· Communicate equipment problems or breakdown information with Supervisor
· Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer