JOB TITLE: Materials Administrator
REPORTING TO: Offshore Installation Manager
LOCATION: Gulf of Mexico, Offshore
Broaden your horizons. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore deep-water drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology we operate in 15 countries across five continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities.
Our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal. And every single one of us has a part to play. Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety standards, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
Administration and execution of spare parts and materials ordering and logistics.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Two years experience in Supply Chain, Inventory or Warehouse Management
· Able to operate software applications as applicable to position.
· Proficient in verbal and written English language skills
Mandatory Training/Certifications for personnel working in Canada only:
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
- Regulatory Awareness
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (Air and Marine(IMDG))
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (Air) IATA
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· The standard for tidiness and cleanness is adhered to.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
· The systematization and tidiness of the spare parts store onboard.
· Maintaining stipulated minimum and maximum materials levels.
· Checking all received goods as per procedures.
· Recording stock movements.
· Assisting with preparation for future drilling operations.
· Relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
· That clear daily operational guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
· Safe and efficient handling when receiving and sending goods and materials.
· All applicable reports and logs as required by the supervisor are maintained.
· Other duties are performed as and when required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Manage equipment preparation for future marine operations
· Prepare unit requisitions for materials and services in accordance with company procedures
· Communicate with shore based Supply Chain personnel to ensure requisitions are understood, technical queries are answered, and purchase orders are expedited as required
· Secure the warehouse at all times and restrict access to un-authorized personnel
· Comply with local customs rules and regulations and environmental laws regarding the shipment of equipment, parts and goods. Be competent in the handling of dangerous goods
· Receive and issue parts and equipment to and from the warehouse
· Perform cyclical inventory test counts as per company procedures
· Prepare shipping lists, conduct receipt of goods check, and process Third Party and Client rebilling in a timely manner
· Maintain accurate records of received and outstanding requisitions and cargo manifests
· Prepare and issue required warehouse inventory reports as required
· Use the Procurement Incident Case (PIC) to report any Purchase Order discrepancies (Overage, Shortages, & Damages) and shipping issues to the onshore supply chain organization
· Regularly review obsolete and surplus parts in the warehouse and bring to the attention of Rig Management
· Assist in the manifesting and control of third party equipment as required
· Distribute equipment inspections, certificates, reports, etc. to the relevant department heads
· Update onboard Rig Management on the expediting of purchase orders, materials and shipments en route, etc. and prepare reports as required
· Ensure all hazardous and non-hazardous wastes are correctly labeled and packaged prior to shipment
· Mentor, develop and train new Material Administrators to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions
· Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
Must be eligible to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship.
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer
Wherever you join us you’ll be part of a team that takes pride in maintaining their colleagues’ safety as well as their own, to ensure safe and successful operations. We employ the best in the industry, and we want to keep it that way. So if you want to keep developing your skills, we’ll give you every opportunity. We also offer a competitive reward package, with an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is an Equal Opportunity Employer