1. ROLE SUMMARY
primary objective of this function is to provide
proactive legal support to the Business Unit.
The legal advisor is primarily responsible
and advising area, hemisphere and corporate management on all legal matters,
challenges and risk mitigations to ensure best legal practices are being
adopted and used.
2. JOB SPECIFIC
- Work closely with the business leaders to develop Supporting the Business
Unit in its marketing and contracting of rigs including negotiation of drilling
contracts and associated agreements within the area.
- Develop legal risk assessments and mitigation plans.
- Manage informal and formal dispute resolution processes within the
area and corporate reporting of the same.
- Engage and manage external counsel where required monitoring
performance and fees of local and international law firms.
- Assist with Company Secretarial matters including but not limited
to filing requirements, preparation of board materials and chairing board
meetings of Eastern Hemisphere entities.
- Assist in implementation of group compliance programs in the
- Involvement in internal investigations and audits as appropriate.
- Ensure that the legal practices across the Hemisphere meet
regulatory and Seadrill compliance standards.
- General and ad hoc legal support to various business units within
the area including but not limited to commercial, operations, finance, HR and
- Law degree and min of 5 years
relevant legal experience
- Sound commercial contracts skills
and strong attention to detail
- Broad experience of corporate,
contract and/or financing law ideally in-house experience and with a focus on
the offshore oil & gas industry.
- Genuine interest in the business
and real appetite to learn and develop as an in-house lawyer.
- Excellent attention to detail,
confidence to negotiate favourable terms for Seadrill;
- Ability to travel on this role is
- Comfortable to work autonomously
and in environment of change;
- Ability to be reactive and work to
tight deadlines without compromising quality;
- Strong interpersonal skills with
the ability to build relationships across various countries and cultures and
work proactively with ambiguity;
- Pragmatic, commercial and
solution-oriented approach to legal advice with emphasis on ensuring high
ethics, legal accuracy and adherence to Seadrill and industry contracting
- Target driven and results focused
individual, pragmatic, hands-on and used to give valuable feedback and input.
- Fluency in English - excellent
communication and presentation skills both written and spoken.
- Strategic/analytical thinker
- Result oriented
Seadrill’s core values and reputation both internally and externally: