JOB TITLE: IT BUSINESS PARTNER
REPORTS TO: CIO
LOCATION: Liverpool, UK
Be your best. Own the opportunity.
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore deep-water drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology, we operate in 15 countries across five continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities.
At Seadrill, we work together to be the best we can - for our customers, our business and each other. Help us to keep innovating, improving and creating new opportunities, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
Seadrill is a market leader in the Oil & Gas Industry and is strengthening its IT presence in Liverpool. We are looking to hire a business partner with specific experience in understanding the requirements of Human Resources, User Access Management and Communications, interpreting them into IT solutions and successfully delivering them though a structured program of work. Seadrill’s business strategy has technology and innovation at its core and this is an excellent opportunity to drive transformational change and deliver real value to a forward-thinking company.
These business functions are centralized in the UK and are currently going through a period of significant transformation. As part of this transformation, IT is helping these organisations with multiple projects and short-term requests aligned to an end vision of driving efficiency through use of key applications such as Maximo, Oracle, Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Machine Learning (ML) capabilities.
Candidates should ideally have strong IT experience within one of the following industries: oil and gas, petrochemical, offshore drilling or mining. The role will require them to work with Senior stakeholders including the VP of HR to drive business improvement thorough implementation of a clear IT strategy for the organization.
We are seeking individuals who are passionate about goals and delivery and who have a strong sense of resilience. As approach and attitude are key to this role, the successful candidate will be expected to build rapport, engage with and influence stakeholders at all levels. Furthermore, successful candidates will possess strong portfolio management and organizational skills that are consistent with a fast moving and demanding environment. Connecting business benefits via IT is at the heart of this role.
This is a truly exciting opportunity for a unique individual to lead the development and implementation of a clear IT strategy in a forward thinking fast paced organization.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of the following systems: HR Solutions, Oracle EBS and training software.
- Strong experience and evidence of leading strategic IT programs supporting business functions that have achieved significant improvements in business efficiency, risk reduction or productivity.
- Strong Experience with business relationship management.
- Must be results orientated with ability to achieve aggressive goals.
- Have the ability to effectively work cross-functionally with and through business, IS managers and outsource partners, across multiple geographies.
- Excellent portfolio management skills with the ability to meet challenging milestones.
- Able to represent the ISIT organization as part of the broader team.
- Experience of business reference models, the design and implementation of business processes.
- Expert Business Analysis and Consulting skills.
- Strong ability to identify business and functional requirements and articulate them into technical requirements for IT resources and 3rd party providers.
- Excellent Management, communications, negotiation and influencing skills.
A minimum of Undergraduate degree with a technical discipline is required
Relevant experience performing in a similar role within the Oil and Gas industry may be considered in lieu of this requirement.
What You’ll Get in Return
We value our people and work hard to retain them. So, wherever you join us, you’ll thrive in a challenging, encouraging and supportive environment that brings out the best in you. We also offer a competitive package built around an attractive base salary, with plenty of training and development opportunities and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer.