JOB TITLE: Assistant Driller
REPORTING TO: Driller
LOCATION: Gulf of Mexico, Offshore
Broaden your horizons. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore deep-water drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology we operate in 15 countries across five continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities.
Our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal. And every single one of us has a part to play. Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety standards, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
Assist the Driller with the safe and efficient execution of all well and drilling activities.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- AKER / WIRTH DRILLING PACKAGE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- One year as Derrickman or previous experience as an Assistant Driller on jack-ups or land based rigs
- Valid Well Control Certification (IWCF Level 3 – Driller Certification)
- Fluent in the reading and writing of the English language.
- Able to operate rig floor equipment utilizing HIE (Human Interface Equipment)
Mandatory Training/Certifications for personnel working in Canada only:
· Basic Survival Training (BST)
· Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
· Regulatory Awareness
· Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
· Well Control (see above)
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
· Organizing crews and equipment for ongoing and upcoming operations.
· All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required
· That clear daily operational guidelines are provided to all direct reports
· That the plans for upcoming operations are known to the crew
· Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations
· All drills and checks are conducted as required
· All applicable reports and logs as required by Driller, client and company are maintained.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Subordinates are trained in order to make them suitable for a higher position.
· Other duties are performed as and when required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Well kill operations as per instructions from Seadrill supervisors.
· Preparation for future drilling operations
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· Compliance with applicable laws.
· That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Contribute with OBS card reporting.
· verifying client drilling program vs. Seadrill requirements
· Seadrill training, certification and competence compliance management
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
· Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment.
· That the drilling equipment is maintained including first line maintenance and maintenance is recorded.
· Measure and record all critical dimensions of down hole equipment to be run in the well.
· All tubulars, handling gear and other equipment required for the well operations are prepared.
· Operates pipe racking equipment on main or auxiliary well centers (dual activity) and on rigs with offline capabilities
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Wherever you join us you’ll be part of a team that takes pride in maintaining their colleagues’ safety as well as their own, to ensure safe and successful operations. We employ the best in the industry, and we want to keep it that way. So if you want to keep developing your skills, we’ll give you every opportunity. We also offer a competitive reward package, with an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is an Equal Opportunity Employer