JOB TITLE: Manager, Cost & Estimating
REPORTING TO: Director of Project Controls
Take your expertise further. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore deep-water drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology, we operate in 15 countries across five continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities.
At Seadrill, we work together to be the best we can - for our customers, our business and each other. Help us to keep innovating, improving and creating new opportunities, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
As the Manager, Cost & Estimating, you will be responsible for providing estimation and full cost management for the financial aspects of capital projects. A thorough understanding of cost control and estimating processes and procedures is vital to communicate cost & estimating control measures to teams, ensuring compliance for project execution strategies.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Lead the development of the cost control programs and procedures necessary to assure the proper total cost management of projects
- Lead the requirements definition and configuration of cost management tool for Seadrill’s capital projects
- Lead the planning and execution of budgeting, change management, cost control, reporting and forecasting activities
- Lead the development and implementation of standard code of accounts for Seadrill cost management
- Identify and analyse variances and provide regular visibility to key stakeholders
- Identify appropriate KPIs, monitor, and report regularly
- Ensure change management is adhered to by project team to quantify impact to schedule and cost
- Create and maintain reports addressing all aspects of project development and completion
- Develop and update project cash flow reports, periodic variance reports and monthly accrual reports
- Review and consolidation of the quarterly forecast and annual budget process for all capital projects
- Supervise the preparation of detailed cost breakdown using standard work codes when possible and assists in preparing detailed cost reports
- Provide mentoring and guidance to new cost control analysts with constructive feedback on overall support efforts, project goals, and individual accomplishments
- Lead and manage the cost estimate development for capital projects
- Work with the project team to prepare the estimating strategy and basis of estimate
- Arrange and conduct department, discipline, and project reviews on estimates
- Lead or provide input to the estimate risk analysis and providing contingency recommendations
- Prepare final estimate summaries and analyse each section for scope, costs, and completeness
- Make estimate presentations to senior management and customers
- Review and analyse historical cost reports and other data to obtain information relevant to the estimating process
- Maintain estimating database and information such as escalation indices, rate of exchange variation, productivity, etc.
- Provide support for clients, regulatory bodies and any other audits that might be required
- Foster a culture of financial accountability, understanding and discipline amongst budget owners
- All activities will also be conducted in a SOX compliant manner in line with Seadrill’s control framework
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Construction Management or equivalent
· 8-10 years’ experience in cost controls on large scale projects
· Finance / accounting experience with ability to apply financial and accounting practices and procedures (USGAAP)
· Understanding of the finance/accounting aspects of offshore business and how the various support roles interface (e.g. Supply Chain and Operations)
· International travel
Must pass drug screen and background check
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
What You’ll Get In Return
We value our people and work hard to retain them. So wherever you join us, you’ll thrive in a challenging, encouraging and supportive environment that brings out the best in you. We also offer a competitive package built around an attractive base salary, with plenty of training and development opportunities and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer.