JOB TITLE: Engine Room Operator
REPORTING TO: Technical Section Leader
LOCATION: New Foundland, CA, Offshore
Broaden your horizons. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore deep-water drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology we operate in 15 countries across five continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities.
Our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal. And every single one of us has a part to play. Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety standards, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
Responsible for operating, monitoring and maintaining the main power plant onboard.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· ERO 2nd – 1 year as ERO 3rd, and 3 years of overall experience as Officer of the Watch on DP vessels or drilling rigs
· ERO 3rd – 1 year as Officer of the Watch on DP vessels or drilling rigs
· Engineer officer certificate class 4 or certificate of a similar standing (STCW III/1)
Mandatory Training/Certifications for personnel working in Canada only:
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
- Regulatory Awareness
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
· Safe and efficient execution of operation, maintenance and repair activities.
· Continuous monitoring of power consumption and distribution.
· All drills and checks are conducted as required.
· All applicable reports and logs as required by direct supervisor are maintained.
· Engine room is maintained tidy and in good working order.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment.
· All relevant equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
· Maintaining sufficient stock of spare parts and materials required.
· Perform troubleshooting, problem solving and plan activities to prevent problems from occurring with the power plant, propulsion plant and auxiliary equipment on the vessel. This will include the sewage treatment plant, HVAC, potable water, pneumatic systems, etc
· Operate, maintain and repair as necessary the engine cooling water system, lube oil system, and fuel system
· Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are strictly adhered
· Perform preventive and corrective maintenance and special projects involving the power plant and propulsion system on board the drilling vessel to prevent down time and to ensure the efficient and continual functioning of the vessel
· Instruct, train, direct and supervise Motor Man
· Liaise with the marine department regarding the loading, ordering and use of fuel, potable water and drill water
· Perform daily inspections and planned maintenance
· Maintain main engine log recording daily consumption
· Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
Candidates must be local to New Foundland, CA
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer
Wherever you join us you’ll be part of a team that takes pride in maintaining their colleagues’ safety as well as their own, to ensure safe and successful operations. We employ the best in the industry, and we want to keep it that way. So if you want to keep developing your skills, we’ll give you every opportunity. We also offer a competitive reward package, with an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is an Equal Opportunity Employer