1.0 CORPORATE REQUIREMENTS
JOB TITLE: Motor Man
REPORTING TO: Technical Section Leader
1.1 ROLE SUMMARY
Responsible for operating, monitoring and maintaining the power plants onboard.
· To make sure that you and your team work safe every day, every hour and every minute, no exception.
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
1.3 JOB SPECIFIC
· Safe and efficient execution of operation, maintenance and repair activities.
· Continuous monitoring of power consumption and distribution.
· All drills and checks are conducted as required.
· All applicable reports and logs as required by direct supervisor are maintained.
· Engine room is maintained tidy and in good working order.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
1.4 EQUIPMENT & SYSTEMS
· Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment.
· All relevant equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
· Maintaining sufficient stock of spare parts and materials required.
· As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices.
· As per Seadrill training and competence directives.
2.0 REGIONAL REQUIREMENTS
This section describes requirements deemed necessary for this position in the respective region and are considered as additions to the requirements outlined in Section 1.
The requirements in Section 1 are to be considered minimum corporate requirements and deviations from same are to be handled in accordance to the Directive for Handling of non-conformities.
2.1 OTHER ROLES
2.2 OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
• Carryout routine maintenance and minor repairs on the engine room equipment and machinery as directed.
• Check and record lubricating oil level readings, topping up as required.
• Monitor all engine room systems for leaks and anomalies reporting defects immediately.
• Maintain the engine room, workshops and associated spaces in a clean, tidy and hazard free condition at all times.
• Perform the daily check list of all equipment required and report the anomalies immediately to the Engine Room Operator in charge.
• Daily sounding and filling up diesel fuel on relevant equipment.
• Maintain an accurate inventory of lube oil and mechanical consumables on board.
• Assist with repairs to mechanical equipment as instructed and directed and make sure that the area and equipment are tidy after the repairs.
• Ensure that all fuel and oil transfers are carried out as per company policy and procedures.
• Perform regular rounds of all areas of responsibility (at least once per tour).
• Actively participate in weekly rig and departmental safety meetings.
• Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor.
• Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems.
• Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas.
• Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (5-point check, STAR cards, PTW etc.)
• Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill and emergency response plans.
• Comply with the training matrix for the position.
• Comply with the Competence Assurance Program in a timely manner as per Seadrill requirement.
• Follow maintenance policy as specified by the Company at all times.
• Review and, as required, perform all safety control duties as per rig´s specific HSE Case, Safety Case,
• HAZOP and TBRA´s.
• Review and, as required, perform all duties related to safety controls among all tasks performed by himself and or working group.
• Perform, respecting any applicable license limitation and under supervision, similar responsibilities as the assistant mechanic for training, qualification and temporary coverage purposes.
• Keep up own certification and medical certificates up to date.
• Perform, if required, the same duties as of the assistant mechanic.
2.3 OTHER AUTHORITIES
2.4 OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience as an offshore Motorman or as an industrial mechanic or equivalent experience. Preferable offshore experience on merchant ships, supply boats or MOU´s.
· Mechanical Technician certificate (CREA register required for Brazilian nationality) or Motorman /Oiler certificate IMO A 891, rule III/4-STCW 78/95.
· Able to operate software applications as applicable to position. Able to work in machinery and confined spaces.
2.5 OTHER REQUIREMENTS