Competitive Salary + Benefits
Contract – 12 months
Take your expertise further. Own the opportunity
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore deep-water drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology, we operate in 15 countries across five continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities.
At Seadrill, we work together to be the best we can - for our customers, our business and each other. Help us to keep innovating, improving and creating new opportunities, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
The Corporate Accounting team own and deliver the financial reporting and associated governance of the group’s Corporate Legal Entities. A separate team is responsible for the delivery of the Operational Legal Entities based in the regions.
The Corporate Accounting team work closely with their Regional Accounting colleagues to ensure that the overall entity results are accurately reported and that the control framework operates effectively for their area of responsibility.
Seadrill’s Financial Accountants are responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of Seadrill’s profit and loss balance sheet and assist with phased financial reports. These duties are performed in line with the expectations set out in Accounting Shared Service Centre Service Level Agreement (SLA’s).
The role will mainly involve management of recharges from group management companies, preparing a monthly analysis against budget and bank reconciliations. The Financial Accountant will be an integral member of the corporate team, with important responsibilities from day one.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
· Provide support to Corporate Accountants to prepare analytical reviews (Phased Financial Reports) for assigned legal entities (LEs)
· Review of onshore profit centres against budget
· Balance Sheet Reconciliation (BSR) preparation for assigned LEs
· Journal preparation through manual accounting entries and attaching appropriate documentation
· Assisting in the preparation of external Reporting Packs including variance analysis of P&L and balance support
· Intercompany review and reconciliations
· Bank reconciliations for Corporate Accounts by comparing system data with bank statements
· Supporting annual statutory audits and reviews for corporate entities by preparing supporting documentation
· Involved in preparation of Company annual financial statements
· Ensure all financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted accounting policies and procedures and are reported within the deadline
What you’ll need to apply
· Ability to work with numbers including strong analytical skills, enjoys interpreting data and comfortable with explaining a narrative on data
· Ability to take initiative and work on tasks independently or as part of a team
· Motivated self starter who is comfortable managing own workload autonomously, particularly whilst working remotely
· Excellent attention to detail and focus on quality outputs to ensure accuracy in data entries and data analysis
· Ability to deliver Shared Service Centre SLA’s to meet multiple tight deadlines
· Strong organisational skills to manage several workstreams simultaneously
· Ability to maintain positive working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders through excellent communication skills
· Ambition to develop and progress
· Experience in a professional environment
· Academic background in Maths or Science related disciplines
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, preferably with experience writing and presenting information in a range of different mediums.
Whilst not essential, it would be great if you were able also demonstrate the following:
· 1+ year(s) experience in an Accounting-specific role
· Experience with financial systems, particularly Oracle and Hyperion
· Experience of working with multi-cultural and diverse teams
· Experience in a Shared Services environment
What you’ll get in return
We value our people and work hard to retain them. So wherever you join us, you’ll thrive in a challenging, encouraging and supportive environment that brings out the best in you. We also offer a competitive package built around an attractive base salary, with plenty of training and development opportunities and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
How to apply
To apply, go to seadrillcareers.com
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity