Competitive Salary + Benefits
Take your expertise further. Own the opportunity
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore deep-water drilling companies.
At Seadrill, we work together to be the best we can - for our customers, our business and each other. Help us to keep innovating, improving and creating new opportunities, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
The Corporate Accounting team own and deliver the financial reporting and associated governance of the group’s Corporate Legal Entities. A separate team is responsible for the delivery of the Operational Legal Entities based in the regions.
The Corporate Accounting team work closely with their Regional Accounting colleagues to ensure that the overall entity results are accurately reported and that the control framework operates effectively for their area of responsibility.
The Corporate Accountant is responsible for Legal Entities (LEs) in the Seadrill Group which includes the timely and accurate preparation of profit and loss, balance sheet and identified phased financial reports. This is performed in line with the targets set within the Service Level Agreement (SLA) related to the Global Shared Services Centre.
The role will mainly involve ownership of Corporate legal entities, liaising directly with the Group Reporting team, Treasury team, Head of Corporate Finance and Group Financial Controller in London, as well as the Corporate Controller and Regional teams based locally in Liverpool.
As a member of the Global Shared Services Centre, the role holder will be expected to play a full part in day to day life in the Centre and its development.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
· Phased financial reviews for all assigned LEs on a quarterly cycle
· P&L Forecasting
· Balance sheet reconciliation preparation and review for assigned LEs
· Complex journal preparation
· Quarterly Group Reporting pack preparation
· Intercompany review and reconciliation
· Ownership of statutory audits for assigned UK entities
· Mentor and support the Financial Accountant community
· Support Lead Corporate Accountant
· Participate and eventually lead on projects for process improvements across the business
What you’ll need to apply
· Professional Qualification (preferably ACA or ACCA) – part qualified/newly qualified
· Understanding of and experience with statutory reporting requirements
· Excellent skill set in data manipulation and data analysis and interpretation.
· Strong organisational skills to manage several workstreams simultaneously
· Ability to deliver Shared Service Centre SLA’s to meet multiple tight deadlines
· Ability to take initiative and work on tasks independently or as part of a team
· Motivated self starter who is comfortable managing own workload autonomously, particularly whilst working remotely
· Ability to maintain positive working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders through excellent communication skills
Whilst not essential, it would be great if you were able also demonstrate the following:
· Practice or financial reporting background for wide experience of all aspects of accounting, controls and control environment to bring best practice to Seadrill
· People Management experience
· Experience of working with diverse regional teams
· Experience working with a global ERP system
· Working knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
· Experience in a large private company environment
· Experience in a Shared Services environment
What you’ll get in return
We value our people and work hard to retain them. So wherever you join us, you’ll thrive in a challenging, encouraging and supportive environment that brings out the best in you. We also offer a competitive package built around an attractive base salary, with plenty of training and development opportunities and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
How to apply
To apply, go to seadrillcareers.com
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.