JOB TITLE: Senior Tax Analyst
REPORTING TO: Tax Manager
LOCATION: Liverpool (Flexible)
Located within the Global Shared Service Centre in Liverpool, the Senior Tax Analyst will primarily support the preparation of the UK companies’ corporation tax and VAT returns , quarterly and annual accounting for tax reporting processes as well as group compliance matters.
Whilst reporting into the UK Tax Manager, the Senior Tax Analyst will have close working relationships with the wider Finance function, notably Tax Reporting, Tax Compliance and International Tax teams.
· Preparation of the annual corporation tax returns for the UK resident companies
· Key source of reviewing data for integrity on tax-sensitive items for use in subsequent reporting or compliance purposes
· Reviewing the position in respect of the Controlled Foreign Companies of the UK group
· Act as key liaison point between Accounting and Tax teams
· Supporting the calculation of the corporation tax quarterly payments and ensuring that reconciliations for tax payments are properly recorded in the ledgers, reviewing the activities of the Accounting team.
· Ensure documentation for tax paid and withholding tax suffered on customer contract receipts is maintained by the Accounting team and available in reports and for the auditors when required
· Support the UK Tax Manager in preparing and reviewing the processes and documentation in relation to the Senior Accounting Officer requirements
· Preparation of the quarterly VAT returns for the 2 UK VAT groups
· Support the UK Tax Manager and Accounting team with regard to VAT invoicing and classification for VAT returns
· Ad hoc support for global projects
· Support to the HR teams on employment tax issues as appropriate
· Co-ordinate amongst the Tax Managers in support of the Tax Compliance Manager and providers for Tax Status reports on a regular basis and support any enhanced Compliance Co-ordination software that the group may look to use
· Support the Accounting team in ensuring compliant and timely intra-group invoicing
· Support the Tax Managers with data for Transfer pricing activities
· Support the Heads of Corporate and Regional Accounting for status reports and positions on Statutory Accounts
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Qualified Chartered Accountant or Chartered Tax Advisor, with demonstrable post-qualification experience.
· To ensure that accurate data is available for tax reporting of transactions and ongoing tax provisions, Working knowledge of US GAAP accounting would be a great advantage, so to ensure accurate data is available for tax reporting of transactions and ongoing Tax provisions.
· Working knowledge of the main feature of IFRS and other local territories’ accounting rules (including UK GAAP), to ensure any adjustments are correctly treated for tax reporting purposes.
· Demonstrable experience from either a professional services or a corporate environment previously
· Good technical skills, with a working knowledge of systems including Oracle and Tax software (e.g. Alphatax) highly preferable.
· Strong analytical skills, along with excellent Excel skills.
· Experience in UK tax compliance (primarily corporation tax and some VAT) helpful although will consider non-tax specialists with a strong accounting background keen to develop and undertake necessary training in tax issues.
· Ability to work in a fast-changing environment and in situations of ambiguity
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and influencing skills
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN
At Seadrill, we employ people who want to be their best. That’s why our training, work-life balance and reward packages are built around an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit www.seadrillcareers.com
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.