JOB TITLE: Compliance Manager
REPORTING TO: Chief Compliance Officer
Seadrill is a world leader in offshore drilling. The company has one of the youngest, most modern fleets of all the major offshore drilling contractors with the scale, footprint and flexibility to meet the needs of all its customers in both harsh and benign environments.
Everyone at Seadrill is guided day in and day out by our values and the Compliance Function is responsible for guiding our company and its employees to doing the right thing in in our global business operations.
1. ROLE SUMMARY
Reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer, this role will be responsible for supporting him in managing the compliance risk on behalf of the company as well as providing effective compliance support to business operations across the globe. The key areas of activity would include developing a compliance program around anti-bribery and corruption, data protection, trade compliance, anti-trust/competition, trade compliance and controls, Code of Conduct and internal investigations.
2. JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the of the Seadrill Ethics & Compliance Framework based on UK and international laws & regulations and best practices related to Anti-Corruption and Bribery, Data Protection, Whistleblowing and Investigations, Trade Compliance & Controls, Human Rights, Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Trust.
- Pro-actively engage with other functions and business users to ensure that fit for purpose and effective processes are in place to effectively manage compliance risk across company operations; and
- Represent the Compliance function in cross functional improvement projects.
- Manage the Compliance Risk assessment process.
- Actively participate with the other members of the Compliance Function globally to create an environment for collaboration and development.
3. SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Legal degree with 4+ years relevant experience or alternatively other relevant degree with 7+ years relevant experience
- Excellent skills in interpretation of global laws & regulations and application of best practices in relation to Anti-Corruption and Bribery, Data Protection, Whistleblowing and Investigations, Trade Compliance & Controls, Human Rights, Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Trust
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong analytical and communication skills and the ability to discuss compliance concepts with non-compliance technical staff;
- Ability to work collaboratively and pro-actively with other members of the legal & compliance team and cross-functionally, both locally and internationally;
- Thinks holistically and pragmatically, with a solution focused approach – understanding how to embed compliance processes and controls into business processes;
- Agile and adaptable to changing project conditions, is comfortable in situations that may be ambiguous or where all the relevant information isn’t available;
- Comfortable working collaboratively in multicultural teams, and in remote teams spread across different countries;
- Operates with a mature, calm and respectful manner;
- Has a willingness to support the broader global legal & compliance team and be proactive about understanding when help is needed; and
- Takes an active interest in personal and team development.