JOB TITLE: Electronic Technician
REPORTING TO: Technical Section Leader / Senior Electronic Technician
Responsible for operating, maintaining and repairing electronic equipment and systems.
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
· That technical related certification at all times is valid and available onboard.
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
· That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
· Safe and efficient execution of maintenance and repair activities.
· All drills and checks are conducted as required.
· All applicable reports and logs as required by direct supervisor are maintained.
· Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment
· Ensuring that all relevant equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded
· Maintaining sufficient stock of spare parts and materials as required
· Ensure that all installations, repair, calibrations and modifications to the electronic systems and components are carried out in accordance with company policies and regulatory laws
· Ensure that the permit to work and energy isolation procedures are strictly adhered to at all times
· Ensure that entries on permits, isolation tags and logs reflect current status
· Perform installation, calibration and modification to electronic, instrumentation systems and components
· Maintain up to date back ups, images and computers. Preserve control system software and ensure software is stored in a secure location
· Ensure all electronic equipment brought onto the rig, including Third Party equipment, is certified and meets regulatory requirements
· Communicate equipment problems or breakdown information to Senior Electronic Technician and Electrical Supervisor
· Rebuild and repair printed circuit boards
· Read and work from electronic blueprint drawings
· Assist the electrical department with resolving electrical problems as required
· Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
· High School Diploma or Equivalent - Electrical Engineering or Electronic Technology Degree from an accredited technical school, trade school or college
· Five years of electrical systems or two years experience with an industry degree
Mandatory Training/Certifications for personnel working in Canada only:
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
- Regulatory Awareness
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Hazardous Areas Equipment Training
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
Own the opportunity!
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer