JOB TITLE: Assistant Rig Manager
REPORTING TO: Rig Manager
Assists the Rig Manager to ensure operations are planned and carried out in accordance with the Company, Regulatory and Client standards. Supervises and supports offshore management team to foster HSE incident - free working culture, ensure cost- efficiency while maintaining top Service Quality, Client satisfaction and superior financial returns.
- Assist rig manager to ensure the rig operations are carried out to meet the safety, quality, environmental and commercial objectives
- Assist in ensuring that the rig is always safely manned with qualified personnel in accordance with applicable acts and regulations, Flag state, Coastal requirements and with due concern to ongoing activities as well as contractual obligations
- Assist rig manager to carry out people initiatives and ensure employees are well-trained, assessed, developed and integrated
- Support in building relationships with the clients and endeavor to further develop business opportunities
- Liaise with onshore functions and OIM to provide adequately support for day to day operations
- Conduct frequent inspections of the rig and rig location, identifying issues regarding safe and efficient operations of the rig, and make timely recommendations to rectify any noted problems.
- Ensure all well control equipment is properly maintained, that necessary repairs are completed timely and all personnel are properly trained to operate the equipment.
- Support to establish and maintain a positive safety cultural climate in all work practices
- Assist rig manager in rig planning and managing P&L of the rig to stay within established company guidelines.
- Maintain appropriate documentation (i.e. reports, logs, etc.) in accordance with company policy.
- Must be Saudi National or have the legal right to work in Saudi Arabia
- Marine Academy, College, Technical or University Degree OR equivalent operational experience
- 7+ year field experience in Drilling, Technical or Marine offshore operations
- Well Control Certification Level 4/ Supervisor level
- Excellent cooperation skills and ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Commercial awareness
- High ethical integrity
- Fluent English & Arabic skills both written and oral
Upholds Seadrill’s core values and reputation both internally and externally: