JOB TITLE: Operations Engineer
REPORTING TO: Rig Manager
primary objective of the Operations Engineer is to provide technical support
and day to day operations support to assigned drilling units.
- Ensuring rig operations are carried out to meet the
safety, quality, environmental and commercial objectives.
- Conducting regular inspection visits to the MODU.
- Recognizing that employees are our primary resource and ensures
they are fully consulted, properly trained, developed and integrated.
- Ensuring that the MODU is fit for purpose and maintained
according to the company’s safety, quality and maintenance standards.
- Controlling the cost all operations and associated
services for the MODU.
- Managing sub-contractor assignment to the MODU as
contractually specified and to provide guidance to the OIM.
- Communicating updates in safety regulations and
legislation to the MODU and ensures the MODU maintains compliance.
- Work with Rig Manager and Client to organize rig moves.
- Follow up of equipment sent ashore for repair, overhaul
- Primary contact for 3rd party service personnel.
- Primary contact for Technical Operation Support.
- Primary contact for Class. (ABS)
- Follow-up rig contract requirements and commitments.
- Assist Rig Manager in preparation of VOR`s.
- Frequently visits to the rig to ensure good coordination
between onshore and offshore organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be Saudi National or have the right to work in Saudi Arabia
- Must have experience working in senior operational or
technical roles with a drilling contractor or supporting drilling
- Extensive knowledge of industry standards and procedures.
- A commitment to Health & Safety in all areas of
- Solid foundation working with computers (Word,
Excel, PPT and Micro Soft Project).
- Proactive and safe work attitude
- Team attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Commercial awareness and business understanding
- Has the ability to multi-task
Upholds Seadrill’s core values and reputation both internally and externally: