JOB TITLE: Regional Accounting Lead
REPORTING TO: Head of Regional Accounting
LOCATION: Liverpool, UK
Broaden your horizons. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore deep-water drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology, our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal. And every single one of us has a part to play. Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety standards, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
The Regional Accounting Lead’s primary objective is the timely and accurate preparation of Seadrill’s profit and loss, balance sheet and identified phased financial reports. This should be performed in line with the targets set within the Service Level Agreement (SLA) related to the Accounting Shared Service Centre.
The role is mainly the point of contact with Finance Managers in various global locations around delivery of P&L results (KPI) and phased financial balance sheet reviews. These tasks will also involve contact with Tax, Treasury, Legal, External Reporting, FP&A and other SSC functions.
In addition, there will be a requirement to interact with internal audit, external audit, SOX Compliance team and possibly regulatory organisations.
The Regional Accounting Lead will be assigned a specific location (or locations depending on rig activity) and supervise a team of regional accountants, which can include a Regional Accounting senior role.
The accounting structure is complex, with four external reporting groups and over 350 legal entities. There are currently five Regional teams, including non-operating, identified as customers.
Job Specific Responsibilities
· Phased Financials for assigned LEs
· P&L delivered within region expectation
· Service Level Agreement (SLA) delivery
· ARM review and completion for assigned LEs
· Tax Pack preparation and liaison with Tax team
· Intercompany review and reconciliation
· Statutory audit support and review for regional entities
· Bareboat Charter review
· Lead, mentor and develop a diverse professional team
· Assign roles and responsibilities within the team as well as allocate tasks as they arise
· Ensure all financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted accounting policies and procedures and are reported within the deadline
· Resolve accounting discrepancies and issues identified by respective teams
· Collaborates with other department managers to support overall company goals and objectives
· Continuous improvement mindset. Ability to identify and drive change where necessary
What knowledge, skills and experience are we looking for?
· Fully Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
· Demonstrable supervisory experience in financial reporting/general ledger area in a large multi-national company
· Strong organisational and People Management Skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· Working knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
· Experience in a Shared Services environment
· Experience in a public company environment
· Understanding of and experience with statutory reporting requirements
· Experience working with a global ERP system
· Ability to take initiative and work on tasks independently or as part of a team
· Excellent customer relations skills
Whilst they’re not essential, the following attributes would also be a great advantage:
· Experience in Oil Field Services (Preference within drilling sector)
· Experience with Oracle and Hyperion
· Experience managing a large and diverse team
· Experience of working with diverse regional teams
What you’ll get in return
Wherever you join us you’ll be part of a team that takes pride in maintaining their colleagues’ safety as well as their own, to ensure safe and successful operations. We employ the best in the industry, and we want to keep it that way. So if you want to keep developing your skills, we’ll give you every opportunity. We also offer a competitive reward package with an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.