JOB TITLE: Administration Assistant
REPORTING TO: Chief Compliance Officer
The Administration Assistant is a member of Seadrill’s global Legal & Compliance team providing effective administrative and legal & compliance support on a wide variety of initiatives including, in particular, compliance and legal operations projects.
1.2 JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist the Legal Director:
· with management of vendors including setting up new vendors and managing invoicing and payment;
· in designing, implementing and refining operational processes and procedures for the Legal Team;
· implementing IT projects by being a key liaison between the Legal Director and the IT department;
· with the collation and management of Legal Know-How;
· with creation of powerpoint presentations including collation and presentation of KPI metrics to track and measure performance of the Legal Team (including the costs of outside counsel); and
· with the management of transactional and litigation workflow (but excluding negotiation or review of legal documentation).
Assist the Compliance function:
· with preparation of Board and Ethics & Compliance Committee papers and presentations;
· with management and operation with management and operation of the Seadrill Compliance Portal and other Compliance tools;
· with design, management and operation of the Compliance Document Management System (SharePoint) with establishment and monitoring of the Compliance budget;
· with general administrational support in relation to internal investigations, business partner review, social donations and gifts and entertainment;
· support design and rollout of Compliance training programs; and
· with organization of Compliance purchase orders and invoicing
1.3EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Bachelors level degree (or similar);
· 2+ years’ experience working in an administrative role with focus on design and implementation of processes; and
· Experience in a law, accountancy or consultancy firm or within an inhouse legal, compliance or finance team is desirable (but not necessary).
1.4SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
· Tech savvy with a strong command of Microsoft Office products and the ability to quickly understand and adopt new processes, technologies and software;
· Good analytical and communication skills;
· Open and collaborative working style, both within the Legal & Compliance team and when advising internal clients;
· Proactive approach to workload management;
· Thinks commercially and pragmatically;
· Agile and adaptable to changing project conditions, is comfortable in situations that may be ambiguous or where all the relevant information isn’t available;
· Experience of working collaboratively in multicultural teams, and possibly in remote teams spread across different countries; and
· Mature with a calm manner.