JOB TITLE: Mechanical Supervisor
REPORTING TO: Technical Section Leader
LOCATION: Gulf of Mexico, Offshore
Broaden your horizons. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore deep-water drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology we operate in 15 countries across five continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities.
Our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal. And every single one of us has a part to play. Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety standards, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
Responsible for organizing and supervising the mechanical personnel onboard.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Minimum two years experience in an Offshore or Marine Environment
· Asst. Chief Engineer MODU License
Mandatory Training/Certifications for personnel working in Canada only:
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
- Regulatory Awareness
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
· MOU/Surface Certificate (Transport Canada)
· Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
· Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
· That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
· Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
· Good and clear communications with all involved parties
· That technical related certification at all times is valid and available onboard
· Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
· That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
· That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
· Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
· Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
· Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
· Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
· Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
· All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
· All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
· That clear daily guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
· Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations.
· Required logbooks are maintained and updated as per requirements.
· Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
· Subordinates are trained to fill higher positions.
· Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
· Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment.
· That all relevant equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
· Sufficient stock of spare parts and materials required is maintained
· Ensure effective use of the Company’s Maintenance Management System
· Assist in planning and coordinating all preventative and corrective maintenance activities in conjunction with other department heads
· Assists the Technical Section Leader with all certificates for Class, Flag State and regulatory body requirements
· Work with Technical Section Leader and other supervisors to coordinate daily work activities accordingly
· Assist the Technical Section Leader to ensure that all Third Party equipment is fit for purpose, certified, correctly installed and maintained while on the rig.
· Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are strictly adhered to by the maintenance department
· Assist the drilling department with repair and maintenance of drilling equipment as required
· Assist the electrical department with repair and maintenance of electrical equipment as required
· Develop and promote effective troubleshooting condition evaluation and root cause failure analysis programs for all technical equipment
· Promote and develop maintenance task optimization and provide feedback to technical team/maintenance manager. Follow up and implement approved changed to SAMS.
· Maintain a working relationship with the Client representative
· Perform or lead incident investigation as required
· Assist with coordinating management of change for design modification of equipment and within technical area
· Liaise with shore based technical staff to ensure a timely transfer of knowledge within the fleet
· Liaise with the marine department regarding the loading, ordering and use of fuel, lubes, potable water and drill water
· Assist with classification surveys as part of continuous survey of machinery
· Assist Technical Section Leader with preparing budget
· Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action
· Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
PREFERENCE GIVEN TO RESIDENTS OF NOVA SCOTIA
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer
Wherever you join us you’ll be part of a team that takes pride in maintaining their colleagues’ safety as well as their own, to ensure safe and successful operations. We employ the best in the industry, and we want to keep it that way. So if you want to keep developing your skills, we’ll give you every opportunity. We also offer a competitive reward package, with an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is an Equal Opportunity Employer