JOB TITLE: Rig Manager
REPORTING TO: Operations Director
The rig manager is overall in charge of the unit, including operations, QHSE, budget and to keep the Operations Director informed about relevant issues.
- Ensure that operations are carried out in compliance with Seadrill’s vision and values through broad contact with the rigs crew
- Strive for setting the standard in Drilling, build relationships with the clients and endeavor to further develop business opportunities
- In co-operation with Human Resources Department ensure that the rig is always safely manned with qualified personnel in accordance with applicable acts and regulations, Flag state, Coastal requirements and with due concern to ongoing activities as well as contractual obligations
- Ensure an efficient organization offshore and onshore to adequately support the day to day operations
- Plan and supervises all rig moves
- Conduct frequent inspections of the rig and rig location, identifying issues regarding safe and efficient operations of the rig, and make timely recommendations to rectify any noted problems.
- Ensure all well control equipment is properly maintained, that necessary repairs are completed timely and all personnel are properly trained to operate the equipment.
- Establish and maintain a positive safety cultural climate in all work practices
- Maintain a close relationship with the customer’s Drilling Superintendent
- Review well program and assist client with well optimization
- Responsible for P&L of the rig
- Work to manage rig operating costs to stay within established company guidelines.
- Maintain appropriate documentation (i.e. reports, logs, etc.) in accordance with company policy.
- Extensive experience from the drilling industry including experience from a managerial level or relevant educational experience in Engineering in combination with industry experience
- Excellent cooperation skills and ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Commercial awareness
- High ethical integrity
- Fluent English skills both written and oral
- Current Well Control Certificate (Enhanced when qualifications are met)
- Basic Safety Training
- Financial training for non-finance people
- Management of Major Emergencies
Upholds Seadrill’s core values and reputation both internally and externally: