JOB TITLE: Temporary HR Administrator – Training
REPORTING TO: HR Supervisor - Training
LOCATION: Liverpool, U.K.
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore deepwater drilling companies. Using groundbreaking technology we operate in 15 countries across five continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities.
Our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal. And every single one of us has a part to play. Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety standards, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too
1. PURPOSE OF ROLE
The HR Shared Services Centre in Liverpool provides support to the global organisation and is responsible for arranging training courses and travel logistics for the offshore personnel in the team member’s designated geographic area, as well as maintaining all training certificates in the HR software system.
The temporary administrator role will provide administration support to the training team, including the maintenance of purchase orders and certification on our Learning Management System, to ensure the training processes are effectively delivered against our service level agreement.
1. Deliver an excellent service to all stakeholders by carrying out the team processes accurately and efficiently, and to agreed service level agreements.
2. Delivering Purchase Orders for each training booking completed for correct invoicing and updating SkillsVX accordingly.
3. Other adhoc tasks as and when required.
Certificates and Compliance
4. Update and maintain employees’ certification through SkillsVX accurately and to agreed service level, working with new Start-ups or Urgent compliance matters and prioritising as necessary.
5. Follow up with vendors following course completion to ensure all certification is received and uploaded against employee profiles.
6. Self-audit and take responsibility for accuracy on certification uploaded, and to ensure compliance with client, area and corporate requirements.
3. Technical Requirements
4. Skills Requirements
- Evidence of organisational, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Thrives in a change environment
- Customer service oriented
- Self-Starter and acts on own initiative
- Strong attention to detail
Upholds Seadrill’s core values and reputation both internally and externally:
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.