JOB TITLE: AB Seaman
REPORTING TO: Marine Section Leader/Bosun
LOCATION: Gulf of Mexico, Offshore
Broaden your horizons. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore deep-water drilling companies. Using ground-breaking technology we operate in 15 countries across five continents, employing some 5,000 people representing 65 nationalities.
Our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal. And every single one of us has a part to play. Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety standards, and we’ll give you what you need to be your best too.
The AB Seaman participates and assists in vessel loading and unloading activities, rig move operations, helicopter operations and the mobilization and maintenance of marine and drilling equipment.
· Assist in slipping and cutting operations, inspection and maintenance of wire, fiber lines, slings and other lifting equipment
· Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by Seadrill (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· 2 years marine experience
· AB Certificate
Mandatory Training/Certifications for personnel working in Canada only:
· Basic Survival Training (BST)
· Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S)
· Regulatory Awareness
· Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
· safe and efficient execution of all position specific activities as per procedures
· good and clear communications with all involved parties as required by operations
· thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift
· other duties are performed as and when required and/or directed by the supervisor
· preparation and mobilization of tubulars, handling gear and other equipment required for the well operations or for other departments onboard
· maintaining all applicable reports and logs as required by the supervisor
· preparation and execution of drilling, helicopter and rig move operations
· conducting all drills and checks as required
· relieving on drill floor and in other areas as required and directed
· compliance with Seadrill Code of Conduct
· compliance with all directives and procedures with risk level “red”
· compliance with all position specific internal and external governing requirements
· compliance with the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan
· non-compliances are promptly acted upon and reported to the supervisor
· maintaining valid marine and equipment certification
· revising all relevant governing documents as and when required
· setting the standard for tidiness and cleanness and the compliance with same
· training and competence assessments as required and/or assigned
· meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner
· familiarity with the structural conditions and limitations of the unit and its equipment
· any position specific operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment
· maintaining all relevant emergency equipment
· maintaining drilling and marine equipment and maintenance records as directed
· As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices.
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Wherever you join us you’ll be part of a team that takes pride in maintaining their colleagues’ safety as well as their own, to ensure safe and successful operations. We employ the best in the industry, and we want to keep it that way. So if you want to keep developing your skills, we’ll give you every opportunity. We also offer a competitive reward package, with an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.
Seadrill is an Equal Opportunity Employer